Before the lesson
Download classroom resources
- To identify features of countries in the French-speaking world
Pupils should be taught to:
- Present ideas and information orally
- Opening to other cultures, deeper understanding of the world
- O5.2 Agree and disagree with statements
- IU5.2 Identify geographical features of contrasting locality
During the week
- Use the picture cards to add to a display. Get the children to investigate other features of the countries and add them to the display.
- Islands – in an outside space or hall use mats or hoops to represent different continents. Challenge the children to lay out the hoops themselves. You then call out one of the French speaking countries and the children have to run to the hoop.