- To use nouns and adjectives correctly to create metaphor poetry
Pupils should be taught to:
- Describe people, places and things orally and in writing
- Find ways of communicating what they want to say
- Use basic language structures
- Make simple sentences (L5.2)
- Write words, phrases and short sentences using a reference (L5.3)
- Integrate new language into previously learnt language (LLS)
Before the lesson
Download classroom resources
Teacher knowledge - language points
During the week
- Create and decorate some origami stars (les étoiles) to display along with your sun and moon poems.
- Listen to the famous piece of music called Clair de Lune by the French composer, Claude Debussy using the Presentation: Clair de Lune – Claude Debussy (Brooklyn Duo). It is a beautiful piece of piano music and the title translates as moonlight.
Presentation: Clair de Lune - Claude Debussy (Brooklyn Duo)
Play the audio file.