- To say what kind of music you like
Pupils should be taught to:
- Engage in conversations; ask and answer questions; express opinions and respond to those of others
- O4.4 Ask and answer questions on several topics
Before the lesson
Download classroom resources
Teacher knowledge - language points
During the week
- Practice the song and dance for Sur le Pont d’Avignon.
- Play some music excerpts from different genres and ask the children, C’est quel genre de musique ? – What type of music is it? Try to include la musique jazz and la musique folklorique (jazz and folk music) and ask the children what instruments they can hear.
- Watch the link: ‘Teachers’ TV: Primary French – La musique et les instruments’ on VideoLink again and listen for other musical terminology, for example, un allegro (an allegro, which is a piece of music that is fast and lively) and une sonatine (a sonatina, which is a small sonata).