- To create simple descriptive sentences
National curriculum links
Pupils should be taught to:
- Read carefully and show understanding of words, phrases and simple writing
- Describe people, places, things and actions orally and in writing
- Understand basic grammar appropriate to the language being studied…how to apply these, for instance, to build sentences; and how these differ from or are similar to English
- Write simple words and phrases using a model and some words from memory (L4.4)
Before the lesson
Download classroom resources
During the week
- Read the children the book, Vas t-en, Grand Monstre Vert ! (Go away, Big Green Monster!) by Ed Emberley or play the video on link: ‘Vas – t’en, Grand Monstre Vert !’ on VideoLink. Challenge the children to spot colour words and the words, les yeux and les cheveux.
- Tell or watch the story again, this time focusing on the other facial features mentioned: les dents (teeth), la bouche (mouth), le nez (nose), la tête (head).