- To prepare and present a short spoken text
National curriculum links
Pupils should be taught to:
- Speak in sentences, using familiar vocabulary, phrases and basic language structures
- Recall, retain and use vocabulary (O3.3)
- Speak clearly and confidently (O3.2)
Before the lesson
Download classroom resources
Pupils needing extra support: will need adult or peer support to recall vocabulary, which could be recapped at the start of the lesson in a small group.
Pupils working at greater depth: challenge to draw on previous learning to include their own words and phrases in the right context within their presentations.
During the week
- Celebrate and share the learning from this topic – could the videos be incorporated into an assembly, or on the school website?
- Collect questions about school life in France that can be either researched online or sent to a partner school.
- Allow the children time to go back to their writing from the last session and see if they can ‘up-level’ by adding extra detail (using a different colour pencil).