- To build and describe a model of a familiar place.
Understanding the world
- Draw information from a simple map.
- Understand that some places are special to members of their community.
Characteristics of effective learning
- Playing and exploring.
- Active learning.
- Creating and thinking critically.
Before the lesson
Support and challenge
Adults can use the opportunity to:
- Observe and support the children as they build and create, allowing them to add their own features using junk modelling, labels/signs or other resources from the different areas of provision around the classroom.
- Listen to storytelling and extend language/depth of learning when appropriate.
- Model the use of vocabulary to describe features.