Before the lesson
Download classroom resources
To identify long term goals and how to work towards them
- The PSHE Association advise to teach about personal qualities Health and wellbeing: H27. to recognise their individuality and personal qualities and H28. to identify personal strengths, skills, achievements and interests and how these contribute to a sense of self-worth
Pupils needing extra support: May want to record their ideas on a video or using a dictaphone rather than writing a to do list.
Can use the Activity: Person outline template to add their labels and personalised touches to them.
Pupils working at greater depth: Should give detailed SMART targets and explain how frequently they will practise each The ability to do something well., adding milestones along the way.
Assessing Pupils’ Understanding and Progress
In this topic
- Assessment RSE & PSHE Y6: Health and wellbeing
- Lesson 1: What can I be?
- Lesson 2: Relaxation: mindfulness
- Lesson 3: Taking responsibility for my health
- Lesson 4: The impact of technology on health
- Lesson 4: Resilience toolbox
- Lesson 5: Immunisation
- Lesson 7: Good and bad habits
- Lesson 8: Physical health concerns