Before the lesson
Download classroom resources
- To understand what happens when we are ill and begin to understand when to seek support
Pupils should know:
Health and prevention
- How to recognise early signs of physical illness, such as weight loss, or unexplained changes to the body.
Physical health and fitness
- How and when to seek support including which adults to speak to in school if they are worried about their health.
Pupils needing extra support: May need additional support with the scenarios and would benefit working together in a group with an adult.
Pupils working at greater depth: Should be challenged to give a wider range of answers to the scenarios, for example ask for three possible answers for each question.
Assessing pupils' progress and understanding
In this topic
- Assessment RSE & PSHE Y6: Health and wellbeing
- Lesson 1: What can I be?
- Lesson 2: Relaxation: mindfulness
- Lesson 3: Taking responsibility for my health
- Lesson 4: The impact of technology on health
- Lesson 4: Resilience toolbox
- Lesson 5: Immunisation
- Lesson 7: Good and bad habits
- Lesson 8: Physical health concerns