- To work out the meaning of unfamiliar words.
Pupils should be taught to:
- Listen attentively to spoken language and show understanding by joining in and responding; engage in conversations
- Ask and answer questions
- Broaden their vocabulary and develop their ability to understand new words
- Read carefully and show understanding of words, phrases and simple writing
- O4.2 Listen for specific words and phrases
- O4.4 Ask and answer questions on several topics
- L4.1 Match phrases and short sentences to pictures
- Y3 KAL Recognise question forms and negatives
Before the lesson
Download classroom resources
Teacher knowledge - language points
During the week
- The children could create a display of French foods using salt dough or air drying clay and paint them to make them look more realistic.
- Create a table setting for a café corner in the classroom and allow the children to practise ordering French food and drink.
- Practise the café conversation during the week ready for the next lesson.