- To understand what the Internet is and how it can help us
Internet and safety links:
- Pupils should know that for most people the internet is an integral part of life and has many benefits.
Before the lesson
Download classroom resources
Pupils needing extra support: Should focus on tools they are familiar with for example, YouTube, to watch music videos at home.
Pupils working at greater depth: Should be challenged to think about some of the negatives of the Another term for ‘the internet’. options as well as Beneficial or good..
Assessing pupils' progress and understanding
In this topic
- Assessment RSE & PSHE Y2: Safety and the body
- Lesson 1: Introduction to the internet
- Lesson 2: Communicating online
- Lesson 3: Secrets and surprises
- Lesson 4: Appropriate contact: My private parts
- Lesson 5: Appropriate contact: My private parts are private
- Lesson 6: Road safety
- Lesson 7: Road safety 2
- Lesson 8: Staying safe with medicine