Explore by key stage
Design & technology
- Scheme of work covering Years 1-6
- Complete National curriculum coverage
- 100+ lesson plans, adaptable to other topics
- Teacher & pupil demonstration videos
- Cooking and nutrition: Where food comes from, balanced diet, preparation and cooking skills
- Mechanical systems: Mimic natural movements using mechanisms such as cams, followers, levers and sliders
- Textiles: Fastening, sewing and decorative fabric techniques including cross stitch, blanket stitch and appliqué
- Electrical systems: Functional series circuits, individual circuit components, circuit diagrams and electrical products
- Structures: Material functional and aesthetic properties, strength and stability, stiffen and reinforce structures
- Digital world: Program products to monitor and control, develop designs with 2D and 3D CAD software
Post-lockdown curriculum 2021
Download a sixteen-week condensed curriculum plan here and support your pupils in covering the essential skills and knowledge for D&T. (This plan assumes the children have covered our recommended units for remote teaching in January & February 2021).
Introducing Design and technology at Kapow Primary
Our Curriculum overview shows how Kapow Primary’s Design and technology scheme covers the requirements of the National Curriculum KS1 and KS2
- Authored by primary D&T specialists
- Content based on D&T Association's "Projects on a Page" and beyond
- A full scheme of work, easily adaptable to your teaching needs, time and resources
- Clear progression of learning throughout KS1 and KS2
- Relevant cross-curricular opportunities
- NEW Digital world units for KS2 that teach pupils how to apply their understanding of programming to control and monitor products designed for specific purposes. These units also provide opportunities to develop 2D and 3D CAD skills and develop their knowledge of key events and individuals in D&T.
- Knowledge organisers for all topics (see Teaching support materials section).
- Alternative themes for existing units to provide a greater choice of topics and applied-learning.
- Assessment tools and resources for monitoring pupil's progress and retained understanding of key processes and skills.
The Design and Technology Association supports high quality design, engineering and technology education.