Before the lesson
- To explore beat through body movement
- To express feelings and emotions through movement to music
Expressive arts and design
- Listen attentively, move to and talk about music, expressing their feelings and responses.
- Explore and engage in music making and dance, performing solo or in groups.
- ELG: Being imaginative and expressive: Perform songs, rhymes, poems and stories with others, and – when appropriate – try to move in time with music.
Characteristics of Effective Learning
- Playing and exploring
- Creating and thinking critically
Outcomes taken from Development Matters, 2021.
ELGs taken from the new statutory framework for the EYFS, 2021.
Prompts for learning
- To explore The speed of the music and How high or low a sound is through scarf dancing.
Note any specific next steps for individual children.