Before the lesson
- To understand how to sort and categorise objects.
- To explain how items have been sorted and categorised.
Communication and language
- Articulate their ideas and thoughts in well-formed sentences
- Use talk to help work out problems and organise thinking and activities, and to explain how things work and why they might happen
- Count objects, actions and sounds
- Count beyond ten
- Compare numbers
- Understand the ‘one more than/one less than’ relationship between consecutive numbers
- Continue, copy and create repeating patterns
- Compare length, weight and capacity
Characteristics of Effective Learning
- Playing and exploring
- Active learning
- Creating and thinking critically
Outcomes taken from Development Matters, 2021.
ELGs taken from the new statutory framework for the EYFS, 2021.
Prompts for learning
To understand how to sort and categorise objects.
To explain how items have been sorted and categorised.
Make a note of any specific next steps for individual children.