- To use a range of tools to create and decorate salt dough decorations.
- Develop their small motor skills so that they can use a range of tools competently, safely and confidently.
- ELG: Fine Motor Skills: Use a range of small tools, including scissors, paint brushes and cutlery.
Expressive arts and design
- Explore, use and refine a variety of artistic effects to express their ideas and feelings.
- ELG: Creating with materials: Safely use and explore a variety of materials, tools and techniques, experimenting with colour, design, texture, form and function.
Characteristics of effective learning
- Playing and exploring.
Outcomes taken from Development Matters, 2021.
ELGs taken from the Statutory framework for the EYFS, 2021.
Before the lesson
Prompts for learning
Note any specific next steps for individual pupils.