- To use bead threading to make a snowflake decoration.
- To discover how snowflakes are made.
- Develop their small motor skills.
- Continue, copy and create repeating patterns.
Understanding the world
- ELG: The natural world: Understand some important processes and changes in the natural world around them, including the seasons and changing states of matter.
Expressive arts and design
- Explore, use and refine a variety of artistic effects to express their ideas and feelings.
- ELG: Creating with materials: Safely use and explore a variety of materials, tools and techniques, experimenting with colour, design, texture, form and function.
Characteristics of effective learning
- Playing and exploring.
Outcomes taken from Development Matters, 2021.
ELGs taken from the Statutory framework for the EYFS, 2021.
Before the lesson
Prompts for learning
Note any specific next steps for individual pupils.