Before the lesson
- To experiment with programming a Bee-bot/Blue-bot
- To explore and tinker with hardware to develop familiarity and introduce relevant vocabulary
Personal, social and emotional development
- ELG: Managing self: Be confident to try new activities and show independence, resilience and perseverance in the face of challenge.
- Count objects, actions and sounds.
Characteristics of Effective Learning
- Playing and exploring
- Active learning
- Creating and thinking critically
Outcomes taken from Development Matters, 2021.
ELGs taken from the new statutory framework for the EYFS, 2021.
Prompts for learning
To experiment with programming a Bee-bot/Blue-bot and to learn how to give simple commands.
To learn to debug instructions, with the help of an adult, when things go wrong.
Note any specific next steps for individual children.