- To recognise and use vocabulary relating to clothing
National curriculum links
Pupils should be taught to:
- listen attentively to spoken language and show understanding by joining in and responding
- appreciate stories, songs, poems and rhymes in the language
- broaden their vocabulary and develop their ability to understand new words that are introduced into familiar written material, including through using a dictionary
- understand basic grammar appropriate to the language being studied, including (where relevant): feminine, masculine and neuter forms
- Listen for specific words and phrases (O4.2)
- Listen and respond to simple rhymes, stories and songs (O3.1)
- Yr4 KAL Recognise and apply simple agreements, singular and plural
Before the lesson
Download classroom resources
Teacher knowledge - language points
During the week
- Listen again to the song on the link: ‘Comptines et Chansons – Promenons – nous dans les bois’ on VideoLink, and perhaps join in. The children can suggest other items of clothing for the wolf to wear. Perhaps one child can be Mr Wolf and put on that item of clothing.
- Play games, such as Répétez si c’est vrai to practise the new words.
- Play the Cherche et course game again.
- Revisit vocabulary from other units and practice turning the indefinite article into a possessive adjective.