Before the lesson
Download classroom resources
- To begin to understand the range of families they may encounter now and in the future
- That others’ families, either in school or in the wider world, sometimes look different from their family, but that they should respect those differences and know that other children’s families are also characterised by love and care.
- That marriage represents a formal and legally recognised relationship.
Pupils needing extra support: Give additional support with answering the questions either through mixed ability pairs or as a group working with you or another adult.
Pupils working at greater depth: Should be challenged to give more detailed answers to the questions.
Assessing pupils' progress and understanding
In this topic
- Assessment RSE & PSHE Y2: Families and relations
- Lesson 1: Families offer stability and love
- Lesson 2: Families are all different
- Lesson 3: Managing friendships
- Lesson 4: Unhappy friendships
- Lesson 5: Introduction to manners and courtesy
- Lesson 6: Change and loss
- Lesson 7: Gender stereotypes – Careers and jobs