Before the lesson
Download classroom resources
- To use the correct French greeting
National curriculum links
Pupils should be taught to:
- Understand and respond to written language from a variety of authentic sources
- Explore the patterns and sounds of language
DfE KS2 Framework:
- Perform simple communicative tasks (O3.3)
- Recognise some familiar words in written form (L3.1)
- Experiment with the writing of simple words (L3.3)
During the week
- Use the passing/throwing starter from the Attention grabber as a warm up for your PE lesson.
- Cover/jumble up different letters on the bubbles each day – can the children spot what’s missing?
- Create a class book of bedtime sayings in English/French with children’s illustrations using the smiley face and Day and nght speech bubbles.
- Challenge the class to teach their parents/siblings to say goodnight with a French pet name.
- Share the story book again, or browse the online library for other picture books.