- To use words and phrases to say from which place or country a person comes from
Pupils should be taught to:
- Explore the patterns and sounds of language and link the spelling, sound and meaning of words.
- Develop accurate pronunciation and intonation, so when reading aloud or using familiar words and phrases, others can understand.
- Broaden vocabulary range and develop ability to understand new words that are introduced into familiar written material, including through use of a dictionary.
- Language Learning Strategies. Practise new language with a friend and outside the classroom. Compare and reflect on techniques for memorising language.
Before the lesson
Download classroom resources
Teacher knowledge - language points
During the week
- Use the resources on link: ‘Arsenal Double Club’
- Contact your local football team and see if they have French players who might be willing to visit your French lessons
- Play the Marquer un but game during the week