Before the lesson
Download classroom resources
- To recognise that stereotypes are present in everyday life
Pupils should be taught:
- What a stereotype is, and how stereotypes can be unfair, negative or destructive.
Pupils needing extra support: Select pictures that have very obvious stereotypes for children to look at in the main event activity.
Pupils working at greater depth: Instead of creating an advert, children could write a letter to a toy manufacturer or shop to suggest how they could avoid stereotypes in their products.
Assessing pupils' progress and understanding
In this topic
- Assessment RSE & PSHE Y3: Family and relationships
- Lesson 1: Healthy families
- Lesson 2: Friendship conflict
- Lesson 3: Friendship: conflict versus bullying
- Lesson 4: Effective communication
- Lesson 5: Learning who to trust
- Lesson 6: Respecting differences in others
- Lesson 7: Stereotyping: Gender
- Lesson 8: Stereotyping: Age