- To create a French menu based on authentic texts
Pupils should be taught to:
- Listen attentively to spoken language and show understanding by joining in and responding
- Engage in conversations
- Ask and answer questions
- Broaden their vocabulary and develop their ability to understand new words
- Read carefully and show understanding of words, phrases and simple writing
- O4.2 Listen for specific words and phrases
- O4.4 Ask and answer questions on several topics
- L4.1 Match phrases and short sentences to pictures
- Y3 KAL Recognise question forms and negatives
Before the lesson
Download classroom resources
During the week
- At registration, the children could answer with a food item (in French).
- Get the children to draw the café that their menu is from, showing the plates of food on tables reflecting the items on the menu.
- Get the children to try French cursive handwriting.