Before the lesson
Download classroom resources
- To analyse a text and identify key grammatical features.
- To be able to ask for clarification using a range of phrases.
Pupils should be taught to:
- Read carefully and show understanding of words, broaden vocabulary introduced into written material, including through using a dictionary, adapt phrases to write new sentences, how basic grammar differ or are similar to English.
- KAL use knowledge or word order and sentence construction to support understanding of written text.
- 3 use punctuation to make a sentence make sense.
- 4 construct a small text.
- LLS plan and prepare a writing task.
During the week
- Pupils can gather information about their town, village or city online or at a local information centre. They could take their own photographs and gather leaflets.
- The children could turn their writing into a script about their local area.