Before the lesson
Download classroom resources
- To understand how habits can be good or bad for our health
Pupils should know:
Physical health and fitness
- The risks associated with an inactive lifestyle (including obesity)
- The characteristics and mental and physical benefits of an active lifestyle
- Characteristics of a poor diet and risks associated with unhealthy eating (including, for example, obesity and tooth decay) and other behaviours (e.g. the impact of alcohol on diet or health.
Pupils needing extra support: Should focus on the Beneficial or good. consequences of a good habit and the Something bad or undesirable. consequences of the bad habit
Pupils working at greater depth: Should work with a greater range of consequences and make the link between positive and negatives for good and bad habits i.e. that they are often the opposite.
Assessing pupils' progress and understanding
In this topic
- Assessment RSE & PSHE Y6: Health and wellbeing
- Lesson 1: What can I be?
- Lesson 2: Relaxation: mindfulness
- Lesson 3: Taking responsibility for my health
- Lesson 4: The impact of technology on health
- Lesson 4: Resilience toolbox
- Lesson 5: Immunisation
- Lesson 7: Good and bad habits
- Lesson 8: Physical health concerns