Before the lesson
Download classroom resources
- To understand that my behaviour can have an impact on others
Caring friendships > Pupils should know the characteristics of friendships, including mutual respect, truthfulness, trustworthiness, loyalty, kindness, generosity, trust, sharing interests and experiences and support with problems and difficulties.
Families and people who care for me > Pupils should know the characteristics of healthy family life, commitment to each other, including in times of difficulty, protection and care for children and other family members, the importance of spending time together and sharing each other’s lives.
Pupils needing extra support: May need extra time and prompting questions to help them think of ways of making the people around them Feeling good about something..
Pupils working at greater depth: Should think of several different things they could do to make other people happy. Should think of actions that would have a Beneficial or good. Something that leaves a lasting impression on you. on more than one person.
Assessing pupils' progress and understanding
In this topic
- Assessment RSE & PSHE Y4: Family and relationships
- Lesson 1: Respect and manners
- Lesson 2: Healthy friendships
- Lesson 3 - How my behaviour affects others
- Lesson 4: Bullying
- Lesson 5: Stereotypes: Gender
- Lesson 6: Stereotypes: Disability
- Lesson 7: Families in the wider world (free lesson)
- Lesson 8: Change and loss