Before the lesson
Download classroom resources
- To learn how to explore and tinker with hardware to develop familiarity and introduce relevant vocabulary
- To recognise that a range of technology is used in places such as homes and schools
Communication and language
- Learn new vocabulary
- Use new vocabulary through the day
- Ask questions to find out more and to check they understand what has been said to them
- Use talk to help work out problems and organise thinking and activities, and to explain how things work and why they might happen
- Develop their small motor skills so that they can use a range of tools competently, safely and confidently
- Confidently and safely use a range of small apparatus, alone and in a group
Characteristics of Effective Learning
- Playing and exploring
Outcomes taken from Development Matters, 2021.
ELGs taken from the new statutory framework for the EYFS, 2021.
Prompts for learning
To continue to make connections with technology used at home and at school.
To use new vocabulary in everyday conversation and play.
To learn how to operate a camera and/or iPad and use them to take photos.
Make a note of any specific next steps for individual children.