- To write a description of a house in French.
Pupils should be taught to:
- Speak in sentences using familiar vocabulary and basic language structures, key features of the language to build sentences, broaden their vocabulary and develop their ability to understand new words.
- Explore patterns and sounds of language through songs and link the meaning of words.
- Understand the main points of a passage, describe from their own experience in an audible voice. (O6.1)
- Use knowledge of words, text and structure to build simple spoken and written passages. (KAL)
- Construct a short text. (L6.4)
Before the lesson
Download classroom resources
Teacher knowledge - language points
During the week
- Continue to revise family vocabulary by displaying the words in the classroom.
- Watch and learn part of the rhyme on the link: ‘My House Rhyme’ on VideoLink and create, individually or as a class, a story map to show understanding.
- Hand out the Activity: Habiter conjugation matching and get the children to cut up the pronouns and conjugations and match the colours. If you want to challenge pupils, print them in black and white so they can’t just match up the colours. Watch out for the silent ‘h’!