Before the lesson
- To use mindfulness to manage emotions
Pupils should know:
- Simple self-care techniques, including the importance of rest, time spent with friends and family and the benefits of hobbies and interests.
- That mental wellbeing is a normal part of daily life, in the same way as physical health.
Pupils needing extra support: May need access to the Presentation: Doing calming activities such as having a bath or reading a book…. to remind them of strategies previously looked at.
Pupils working at greater depth: Should describe when they would use different relaxation strategies and articulate why.
Assessing pupils' progress and understanding
In this topic
- Assessment RSE & PSHE Y6: Health and wellbeing
- Lesson 1: What can I be?
- Lesson 2: Relaxation: mindfulness
- Lesson 3: Taking responsibility for my health
- Lesson 4: The impact of technology on health
- Lesson 4: Resilience toolbox
- Lesson 5: Immunisation
- Lesson 7: Good and bad habits
- Lesson 8: Physical health concerns