Before the lesson
- To follow instructions as part of practical activities and games and to learn to debug when things go wrong
- To learn to give simple instructions
- To learn that an algorithm is a set of instructions to carry out a task, in a specific order
Communication and language
- Use talk to help work out problems and organise thinking and activities, and to explain how things work and why they might happen.
Personal, social and emotional development
- ELG: Self-regulation: Give focused attention to what the teacher says, responding appropriately even when engaged in activity, and show an ability to follow instructions involving several ideas or actions.
- Know and talk about the different factors that support their overall health and wellbeing
- Further develop the skills they need to manage the school day successfully
Characteristics of Effective Learning
- Active learning
- Creating and thinking critically
Outcomes taken from Development Matters, 2021.
ELGs taken from the new statutory framework for the EYFS, 2021.
Prompts for learning
- To learn that an An algorithm is a clear set of instructions to carry out a task. … is a set of instructions to carry out a task, in a specific order.
- To use logical reasoning to read simple instructions and predict the outcome.
- Make a note of any specific next steps for individual children.