- To use a variety of colours and materials to create a self-portrait.
- To express their own self-image through art.
- Develop small motor skills so that they can use a range of tools competently, safely and confidently.
- ELG: Fine Motor Skills: Begin to show accuracy and care when drawing.
Expressive arts and design
- Explore, use and refine a variety of artistic effects to express ideas and feelings.
- ELG: Creating with materials: Safely use and explore a variety of materials, tools and techniques, experimenting with colour, design, texture, form and function.
Characteristics of effective learning
- Playing and exploring.
Outcomes taken from Development Matters, 2021.
ELGs taken from the Statutory framework for the EYFS, 2021.
Before the lesson
Prompts for learning
To explore mark making and artistic expression through paint and mixed media.
Note any specific next steps for individual pupils.