Before the lesson
- To understand how to sort and categorise objects.
- To explain how items have been sorted and categorised.
Communication and language
- Articulate their ideas and thoughts in well-formed sentences.
- Use talk to help work out problems and organise thinking and activities, and to explain how things work and why they might happen.
- ELG: Listening, attention and understanding: Make comments about what they have heard and ask questions to clarify their understanding.
- ELG: Listening, attention and understanding: Listen attentively and respond to what they hear with relevant questions, comments and actions when being read to and during whole class discussions and small group interactions.
- ELG: Speaking: Participate in small group, class and one-to-one discussions, offering their own ideas, using recently introduced vocabulary.
Characteristics of Effective Learning
- Active learning
- Creating and thinking critically
Outcomes taken from Development Matters, 2021.
ELGs taken from the new statutory framework for the EYFS, 2021.
To understand how to sort and categorise objects.
To explain how items have been sorted and categorised.
To explore and understand the concept of branch databases.
Make a note of any specific next steps for individual children.