Before the lesson
Download classroom resources
- To know the names of places in town and how to say them.
- To position places in a town using prepositional phrases.
- To begin to understand and speak directions.
Pupils should be taught to:
- Listen attentively to spoken language and show understanding, engage in conversations, ask and answer questions, speak in sentences.
O6.3 Understand the gist of spoken passages, instructions
KAL – Devise questions for authentic use. LLS – Use previous knowledge to help understanding. LLS Reflect on techniques for memorising language.
During the week
- Try using coding to explore directions – see link: ‘Mrs Geek Chick – French coding’
- Play link: ‘English through music – Madrid – Directions rap song’ and get the children to use the language that they’ve learnt to create a rap.