Before the lesson
- To suggest appropriate actions to match song lyrics
- To sing and move to Christmas songs
Understanding the world
- Recognise that people have different beliefs and celebrate special times in different ways.
Expressive arts and design
- Listen attentively, move to and talk about music, expressing their feelings and responses.
- Sing in a group or on their own, increasingly matching the pitch and following the melody.
- Explore and engage in music making and dance, performing solo or in groups.
- Sing a range of well-known nursery rhymes and songs.
- ELG: Being imaginative and expressive: Perform songs, rhymes, poems and stories with others, and – when appropriate – try to move in time with music.
Characteristics of Effective Learning
- Playing and exploring
Outcomes taken from Development Matters, 2021.
ELGs taken from the new statutory framework for the EYFS, 2021.
Prompts for learning
To further explore music through movement and action songs.
Note any specific next To do what is necessary to reach a goal. for individual children.