Before the lesson
- To follow instructions as part of practical activities and games
Communication and language
- Articulate their ideas and thoughts in well-formed sentences.
- Use talk to help work out problems and organise thinking and activities, and to explain how things work and why they might happen.
Personal, social and emotional development
- Build constructive and respectful relationships.
- ELG: Self-regulation: Give focused attention to what the teacher says, responding appropriately even when engaged in activity, and show an ability to follow instructions involving several ideas or actions
- ELG: Managing self: Be confident to try new activities and show independence, resilience and perseverance in the face of challenge
- ELG: Building relationships: Work and play cooperatively and take turns with others
Characteristics of Effective Learning
- Active learning
- Creating and thinking critically
Outcomes taken from Development Matters, 2021.
ELGs taken from the new statutory framework for the EYFS, 2021.
To learn to follow instructions and debug them when things go wrong.
To learn that an An algorithm is a clear set of instructions to carry out a task. … refers to a set of instructions given in a specific order.