- To build numbers and prices confidently in French
Pupils should be taught to:
- Read carefully and show understanding of words and phrases
- Explore patterns of language
- Communicate for practical purposes
- Recognise patterns in words and phrases (KAL)
- Consider aspects of everyday life in other countries (IU5.1)
Before the lesson
Download classroom resources
Teacher knowledge - language points
During the week
- Use Euro coins for your maths starter activities.
- Practice building really big numbers, using dice or a random number generator to create random large numbers
- Teach the children about Euros and prices using the presentation at the end of the Main event.
- Impress the rest of the school with your own performance of the big number song.
- Research French supermarket chains – compare prices of goods in France/the UK.
- Collect price labels from any shops they visit that display labels in £ and €.