Before the lesson
Download classroom resources
- To understand and plan for a healthy lifestyle including physical activity, rest and diet
Pupils should know:
- Simple self-care techniques, including the importance of rest, time spent with friends and family and the benefits of hobbies and interests.
Physical and mental fitness
- The characteristics and mental and physical benefits of an active lifestyle
- The importance of building regular exercise into daily and weekly routines and how to achieve this; for example walking or cycling to school, a daily active mile or other forms of regular, vigorous exercise.
- The risks associated with an inactive lifestyle (including obesity).
Pupils needing extra support: Should sit near the board to use examples shared as a class.
Pupils working at greater depth: Should be encouraged to use a range of different foods and types of Movement of the body for purposes of health and fitness. in their Food and drink that are good for you. diaries.
Should describe the effects of different food groups on the body.