Before the lesson
Download classroom resources
- To begin using the future tense.
Pupils should be taught to:
- Understand basic grammar and conjugation of high-frequency verbs, how to apply these to build sentences, express opinions, write phrases to create new sentences.
- 3 understand longer and more complex sentences; understand and express reasons.
- 4 write sentences using a model, KAL notice and match agreements, LLS use language known in one topic in another topic.
During the week
- Get the children to know the names of the countries again by playing Lamb Darts: print the country names on paper and stick on a big circle of paper, which can go on the wall or the floor. The children say the name of a country and try to hit the name with a soft toy.
- Play the louder/softer game: send out one child, hide a toy and have the child guess where it is. The class will say the names of a country getting quieter when the child is far from the toy and louder when they are near the toy.
- Buy a map of the world for your display.