- To express an opinion (like/dislike)
National curriculum links
Pupils should be taught to:
- Engage in conversations; ask and answer questions; express opinions and respond to those of others; seek clarification and help
- Broaden their vocabulary and develop their ability to understand new words that are introduced into familiar written material, including through using a dictionary
- Describe things in writing
- Write simple words and phrases using a model and some words from memory (L4.4)
- Write words, phrases and short sentences, using a reference (L5.3)
- Understand and express simple opinion (O5.2)
Before the lesson
Download classroom resources
Teacher knowledge - language points
During the week
- Raid the dressing up cupboard used for school plays and class assemblies and bring the outfits into the classroom for children to describe. You could bring in one a day – the more crazy and colourful the better! Encourage children to add details such as sparkly or spotted, checked or striped.
- Use the Presentation: J’aime, je n’aime pas and ask the children to describe the clothes in each of the pictures.