Before the lesson
Download classroom resources
- To be able to make changes to simple phrases and perform a song to an audience
National curriculum links
Pupils should be taught to:
- Explore the patterns and sounds of language through songs and rhymes
- Present ideas and information orally to a range of audiences
KS2 Framework objectives:
- Sing songs (O3.1)
- Repeat words and phrases modelled by the teacher/remember a sequence of spoken words (O3.4)
- Use actions and rhymes to aid memorisation (LLS)
During the week
- French firsts – a timeline In 1783, after several attempts, the Montgolfier brothers launched the first free flight hot air balloon over Paris. The balloon reached 3,000 feet and flew for 25 minutes. Une montgolfière is commonly used as the word for a hot air balloon in France.
- Children can design and decorate their own hot air balloons using French colour words in a calligram style, in papier mâché, or tissue paper collage.
- Allow pairs/small groups to put together the transport word puzzle pieces. Time who are the quickest puzzle solvers.