Before the lesson
Download classroom resources
- To experiment with programming a Bee-Bot/Blue-Bot and to learn how to give simple commands
- To learn to debug instructions, with the help of an adult, when things go wrong
Personal, social and emotional development
- ELG: Managing self: Be confident to try new activities and show independence, resilience and perseverance in the face of challenge
- Count objects, actions and sounds.
- Link the number symbol (numeral) with its cardinal number value.
- Count beyond ten.
Characteristics of Effective Learning
- Playing and exploring
- Active learning
- Creating and thinking critically
Outcomes taken from Development Matters, 2021.
ELGs taken from the new statutory framework for the EYFS, 2021
Prompts for learning
To use knowledge of sequences, instructions and algorithms in everyday play and when working on a computer.
To use knowledge of arrows and direction when using a computer, programming a Bee-Bot in play or following instructions.
Make a note of any specific next steps for individual children.