Before the lesson
- To understand why songs have actions
- To learn some simple Makaton signs to accompany a song
Personal, social and emotional development
- Think about the perspectives of others.
Expressive arts and design
- Listen attentively, move to and talk about music, expressing their feelings and responses.
- Sing in a group or on their own, increasingly matching the pitch and following the melody.
- Explore and engage in music making and dance, performing solo or in groups.
- ELG: Being imaginative and expressive: Sing a range of well-known nursery rhymes and songs.
- ELG: Being imaginative and expressive: Perform songs, rhymes, poems and stories with others, and – when appropriate – try to move in time with music.
Characteristics of Effective Learning
- Playing and exploring
- Active learning
Outcomes taken from Development Matters, 2021.
ELGs taken from the new statutory framework for the EYFS, 2021.
Prompts for learning
- To explore The steady pulse that you feel in the melody/tune through body movement.
Note any specific next steps for individual children.