Before the lesson
Download classroom resources
- To learn new vocabulary for food in a café
- To begin to understand a conversation
Pupils should be taught to:
- Listen attentively to spoken language and show understanding by joining in and responding
- Engage in conversations; ask and answer questions; broaden their vocabulary and develop their ability to understand new words
- O4.2 Listen for specific words and phrases
- O4.4 Ask and answer questions on several topics
During the week
- Practise asking the question ‘Est-ce que tu aimes…?’ ‘Do you like…?’
- You could have a café table set up in the classroom for practice during the week. Can the children learn the café conversation off by heart?
- Ask children to bring in menus from home, either take out or restaurant/café ones, for a comparison lesson coming up.