- To create a musical theatre scene
Pupils should be taught to:
- Play and perform in solo and ensemble contexts, using their voices and playing musical instruments with increasing accuracy, fluency, control and expression
- Improvise and compose music for a range of purposes using the interrelated dimensions of music
- Listen with attention to detail and recall sounds with increasing aural memory
- Use and understand staff and other musical notations
Before the lesson
Pupils needing extra support: Should be encouraged to create a scene from a jukebox musical, focusing on creating a dramatic performance around existing music.
Pupils working at greater depth: Should be encouraged to create a scene from a book musical, including their own original music.