- To be able to explore and understand an authentic French text
Pupils should be taught to:
- Understand and respond to written language from an authentic source
- Read carefully and show understanding of simple writing
- Develop ability to understand new words
- Look and listen for visual and aural clues (LLS)
- Learn about symbols and products from another country (IU5.3)
Before the lesson
Download classroom resources
During the week
- Now the children have established what ingredients they need and what method to use, your class can make and taste their own ratatouille.
- You could use the text as a script for your own cookery video.
- Research other typical French dishes such as salade niçoise, bouillabaisse, cassoulet and croque monsieur.