Digital Marketing Executive (retention) (B2B) – Kapow Primary
Ed Tech: English primary school online resources platform
Get totally stuck in with a newly-created role ideal for a hungry marketer wanting to upskill quickly.
This is the perfect opportunity for someone who loves digital marketing and is looking for genuine opportunities to progress in their career in a fast growing subscription business. You’ll be working in a small, friendly team with interesting and talented people to learn from daily.
In this role, it’s all hands on deck, so be prepared to play a key part in the next stage of the development of Kapow Primary with a particular focus on nurturing and retaining our existing customer base. Retaining customers is critical to the commercial success of any subscription business, and you will have (achievable) targets to keep you motivated.
Reporting to the Managing Director and working closely with our other digital marketing executive who has a new business focus, this is a fantastic and critical new role for the business and is ideal for anyone up for a challenge, ready to use their brain, unleash their creativity, manage their own projects and work collaboratively with others.
Roles and responsibilities
- Ensuring we maintain our high subscription renewal rates
- Driving new revenue from upselling to our existing customers
- Communicating daily with the content team
- Creating, implementing and improving campaigns to drive usage
- Writing email campaigns, copywriting, creating CRM automations and successful email workflows, particularly focused on onboarding and increasing usage
- Implementing SEO best practices online
- Some website maintenance (training will be provided), A/B testing and reporting
- Content strategy, keyword research, newsletter and blog writing
- Creating,managing and measuring success of campaigns across diverse channels
- Reviewing and streamlining retention processes
- Working with our designer to produce appealing design work
- Measuring and reporting on marketing activity
- Being on-hand to muck in with the team with customer care responsibilities and CRM maintenance
- Providing day-to-day flexibility to support others in the marketing team when needed
- 2+ years marketing experience, mostly in digital
- Exceptional written and verbal English language skills
- Experience in copywriting, across media such as blogs and newsletters
- An enquiring, logical and analytical mind: prepared to get to grips with data and analytics to see what works and what doesn’t
- An understanding of SEO and google analytics
- An eye for design
- An understanding of the importance of nurturing existing customers in driving business revenue
- Experience using a CRM or willingness to learn how to use ActiveCampaign to engage with customers as well as gather and analyse customer and lead data
- Ability to define and implement campaigns and initiatives to drive retention, and to measure the effectiveness of the campaigns and improve future campaigns to reflect the lessons learned
- Manage livestreams and other events to encourage customer engagement with our content.
- Our friendly and supportive team ethos is very important to us. You must work well with other people as you will work with members of the business, especially the new business marketing executive, the content team and our technical and digital consultants.
- Have an eye for detail: excellent communication skills and accurate use of written and spoken English. Good writing skills will be necessary to create the newsletters and communication material that is key to the success of this role.
- Be pragmatic and understand that this is a small, but growing business and that resources and effort need to be highly targeted.
What does Kapow Primary do?
We’re a young ed tech subscription business with growth to date that has exceeded all expectations. We have rapidly developed a loyal customer base that grows by the day. We love to hear that teachers and pupils have enjoyed and been inspired by our lessons and content. We believe that what we do matters.
We provide primary school teachers and schools with expert online resources through an online platform. We focus on subjects outside the core curriculum such as Art, D & T, Computing, French, Music, RSE & PSHE and Wellbeing, as we know these are often the trickiest to teach. We work with subject specialists to create quality lesson plans, resources and demo videos to help teachers with their curriculum and lesson planning, as well as their own skills and knowledge, and to help them ensure their pupils make progress.
We are still fairly new, but have had a phenomenally successful few years and are ambitious for the future.
Our ethos is to try new things, test, learn, improve. We encourage each other on a daily basis to share new learnings and develop as individuals and together. Be part of a growing marketing team who are passionate about contributing to the success of the businesses we work on. Although the environment is fast-paced, we have a refreshing attitude to work/life balance and encourage personal development. Training opportunities are available!
For most of 2020, we have been working successfully from home. While we plan to have a new home, based in central London, in 2021, many of the team will continue to work from home some or all of the week.
Diversity matters at Kapow Primary. We value and respect every individual’s unique contribution, enabling all of our employees to thrive and achieve their full potential and for us to create a successful, innovative business with products that help all primary school teachers and children.
We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexuality, social background, religion and/or belief.
APPLICATIONS OPEN – APPLY NOW WITH YOUR CV AND COVERING LETTER. You must supply a covering letter explaining why you think you are suitable for the role