Customer enquiry executive
An opportunity to join an exciting new Ed-Tech company in its next phase of growth (starting mid-August 2020)
This is a critical role in a small, but growing team in an ambitious business that has experienced astonishing commercial success in its first 20 months and is now ramping up its marketing, content and online publishing operations. We pride ourselves on providing an outstanding level of customer service. We are helpful, friendly and professional. We expect to achieve 5* customer service ratings.
You will be the face of Kapow Primary for any customer or potential customer that contacts us with an enquiry, whether over the telephone, or online. You will use your strong interpersonal, communication and administrative skills to ensure our customers and prospective customers receive prompt, friendly and helpful advice and assistance with their queries. Following training, you will be expected to manage and resolve many customer queries on your own and triage and refer other queries to other members of the team. At quieter times, you will be expected to help out with other tasks and projects.
This role is likely to suit someone who is comfortable with technology, a great communicator and who is particularly quick and keen to learn. A knowledge of primary school teaching is an advantage but not essential.
Initially, you will report to our managing director.
This is a permanent, full-time, role that is home-based. We may consider applications from candidates who wish to work term-time only and job shares.
About Kapow Primary
Kapow Primary is an exciting, private-equity backed, educational digital publishing product that supports primary school teachers through carefully constructed schemes of work, curated demo videos, lesson plans and other resources and guidance created by expert, specialist, teachers. Although we are fairly new to the market, we are exceeding all our expectations in terms of customer growth and plan to accelerate our growth even more in 2020 and beyond.
We deliberately specialise in subjects beyond the core curriculum,ensuring that our high-quality resources genuinely help children make progress and develop their skills and knowledge in these subjects, which are vital to a broad and balanced curriculum.
What you will do
- Provide front line customer service support over the phone and online.
- Assist and resolve account set up, upgrade and purchasing enquiries. This will involve becoming highly proficient with our online memberpress subscription system.
- Refer pedagogical queries and queries about publishing plans and financial matters to relevant members of the team.
- Follow up with your colleagues to ensure that queries are resolved and customers have received a timely response to their enquiries.
- Keep records of customer interactions to ensure that similar queries can be dealt with promptly and consistently and that the Managing Director and the other members of the team are aware of emerging themes and concerns.
- At quieter times and between calls, you will be expected to work flexibly and provide administrative support across a broad range of other projects as required. This is likely to include ensuring our databases are accurate and up to date.
- Day-to-day, you will directly report to the Managing Director, but we are a small team and you will need to work well with everyone including our consultants and freelancers.
- You will work from home, but will be expected to join in twice-daily video calls with the team.
You will have:
- At least one-year’s experience of working in a customer service or similar role.
- Experience of answering the phone and emails in a busy business or organisation.
- Excellent communication skills. You will be communicating with teachers and other professionals are therefore expected to have an excellent command of written and spoken English.
- Strong organisational skills.
- Patience and unfailing courtesy. Respect for others of all backgrounds.
- An ability to self-motivate and work effectively as part of a supportive and friendly team. You must be proactive and a problem solver, but know when to ask for help.
- Good time management and an ability to prioritise.
- An ability to build and maintain good working relationships with customers and your colleagues. We place a great emphasis on being a friendly, welcoming and diverse team that enjoys its work.
- Great attention to detail.
- An ability to work alone and as part of a team.
- A professional and positive attitude. An ability to prioritise tasks, see a way through problems and work out what is important.
What we can offer
- Competitive salary of around £20k depending on experience for a full-time role. Our working hours are 9.00 to 5.30 Monday to Friday with an hour for lunch.
- Daily learning opportunities across multiple projects.
- As you develop, more autonomous responsibility in a team committed to ensuring each other’s success.
- 25 days annual leave, with bank holidays on top.
- Regular team virtual social events.
- Pension contribution.
Diversity matters at Kapow Primary. We value and respect every individual’s unique contribution, enabling all of our employees to thrive and achieve their full potential and for us to create a successful, innovative business with products that help all primary school teachers and children.
We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexuality, social background, religion and/or belief.
Please send your cv and a covering letter explaining why you are applying and what you can bring to the role to email@example.com by 31 July 2020.