Before the lesson
Download classroom resources
- To create a description of my route to school.
Pupils should be taught to:
- Listen attentively to spoken language and show understanding, seek clarification and help, broaden vocabulary including through using a dictionary, write phrases and adapt these to create new sentences, to express ideas clearly.
- L6.3 Listen carefully to a model and reconstitute a sentence using text cards
- O6.3 retell using familiar language a sequence of events.
During the week
- Use the preposition phrases during the week, on the way to assembly or PE lessons for example, in order for the children to become more familiar with the phrases.
- You may also want to watch the Link: “Pascal Plisson – On the road to school” on VideoLink about how children from around the world go to school.