Before the lesson
- To understand how to sort and categorise objects
- To explain how items have been sorted and categorised
- To explore and understand the concept of branch databases
Communication and language
- ELG: Listening, attention and understanding: Make comments about what they have heard and ask questions to clarify their understanding.
- ELG: Listening, attention and understanding: Listen attentively and respond to what they hear with relevant questions, comments and actions when being read to and during whole class discussions and small group interactions.
- Count objects, actions and sounds
- Compare numbers
Characteristics of Effective Learning
- Active learning
- Creating and thinking critically
Outcomes taken from Development Matters, 2021.
ELGs taken from the new statutory framework for the EYFS, 2021.
To understand how to represent data in a pictogram.
To understand how to read a simple pictogram.
Make a note of any specific next steps for individual children.