- To explore mark making using pencils.
- To create a simple observational drawing.
- Develop small motor skills so that they can use a range of tools competently, safely and confidently.
- Develop the foundations of a handwriting style which is fast, accurate and efficient.
- ELG: Fine Motor Skills: Begin to show accuracy and care when drawing.
Expressive arts and design
- Explore, use and refine a variety of artistic effects to express ideas and feelings.
- ELG: Creating with materials: Safely use and explore a variety of materials, tools and techniques, experimenting with colour, design, texture, form and function.
Characteristics of effective learning
- Playing and exploring.
Outcomes taken from Development Matters, 2021.
ELGs taken from the Statutory framework for the EYFS, 2021.
Before the lesson
Prompts for learning
To use different drawing techniques to create coloured observational drawings of our faces.
Note any specific next steps for individual pupils.