Before the lesson
Download classroom resources
- To understand how to represent data in a pictogram
- To understand how to read a simple pictogram
- Count objects, actions and sounds.
- Link the number symbol (numeral) with its cardinal number value.
- Count beyond 10.
- Compare numbers.
- ELG: Numerical patterns: Compare quantities up to 10 in different contexts, recognising when one quantity is greater than, less than or the same as the other quantity
Characteristics of Effective Learning
- Active learning
Outcomes taken from Development Matters, 2021.
ELGs taken from the new statutory framework for the EYFS, 2021.
To continue to sort and categorise during play and to be able to justify the ways in which they choose to do this.
Make a note of any specific next steps for individual children.