Before the lesson
Download classroom resources
- To be able to conduct a survey in French and select an appropriate method for presenting the results
National curriculum links
Pupils should be taught to:
- Explore the patterns and sounds of language
- Understand basic grammar appropriate to the language being studied, including key features and how to apply these to build sentences; and how these differ from or are similar to English
KS2 Framework objectives:
- Identify and read simple words (L3.1)
- Write some single words from memory (L3.3)
- Ask and answer questions (O3.3)
During the week
- French firsts – a timeline TGV – France’s intercity high speed trains (Trains à Grande Vitesse) began service in 1981. Originally designed to link major French cities, it now also links Italy, Spain, and the UK (Eurostar). They are often double-decker trains, and have been known to travel at up to 200mph.
- Display your class graph created in the Main event and compare with other classes. Which class walks the most?